A musical conversation between viola da gamba and orchestra, featuring the colours and rhythms of the French baroque.
The sensuous sounds of the French baroque are brought to life in this concert curated, conceived, and directed by Vittorio Ghielmi, a virtuoso on the viola da gamba.
Conceived as a dramatic dialogue shifting from solo gamba (the more intimate, subtle cousin of our modern violin and cello) to full orchestra, the concert features orchestral dance suites by Lully and Rameau in musical conversation with solo gamba music, as well as a brand new piece written by Vittorio Ghielmi himself. Dreaming Jupiter will immerse you in a magical sound world, full of changing colours and textures, anchored by the sonorous sound of the gamba itself.
- Rebel Le Cahos [Chaos], from Les Élémens
- Forqueray Le Carillon de Passy [The bell of Passy]*
- Rameau Bruit de tonnerre [Thunder], from Hippolyte et Aricie
- Forqueray La Girouette [The Weather Vane]*
- Lully Canarie, from Le Bourgeois Gentilhomme
- Marais La Biscayenne*
- Marais Airs pour les Matelots [Sailors], from Alcyone
- Marais Sarabande la Desolée [The Disconsolate]*
- Rameau Air tendre pour les Muses, from Le Temple de la Gloire
- Rameau Contredanse en Rondeau, from Les Boréades
- Marais La Rêveuse [The Dreamer]*
- Marais Tempête [Storm], from Alcyone
- Rameau Entrée de Polymnie [The entrance of Polyhymnia], from Les Boréades
- Marais Le Badinage*
- Rameau Les Sauvages, from Les Indes Galantes
- Rameau Le Ramage d'oiseaux [Bird song], from Le Temple de la Gloire
- M. Marais L'Arabesque*
- Rameau Air tendre, from Les Fêtes d'Hébé
- Forqueray La Portugaise*
- Forqueray/Ghielmi Jupiter – World premiere